#intermittentfastingonvacation Ok heres the verdict for the end of this IF on v…


#intermittentfastingonvacation Ok heres the verdict for the end of this IF on vacation week. No weight loss but…..a very important lesson learned. I know how the science works but I didnt apply it fully and therefore did not lose the 1kg/2.2 pounds. However it was vacation week I mostly ate and drank what I wanted and didnt gain weight so overall thats a win-win situation. Heres why I didnt lose any weight: #hormones namely #insulin. 1. Insulin signals the body to store fat. This means we cant burn fat while insulin is high. 2. Insulin is produced when we eat simple carbs (pasta bread pizza etc.) and excess protein. Insulin is not affected by fat though. 3. Fasting keeps insulin down so the body then can burn fat. 4. I fasted every day during vacation and therefore didnt gain weight. 5. I didnt lose weight because when I did eat/drink I ate and drank insulin promoting foods such as rice pizza wine along with vegetables and protein. I may not have done this every day but I did it enough times that my insulin was high enough to deter fat/weightloss. New plan: Keep IF daily get back into ketosis keep insulin low by avoiding simple carbs eat lots of vegetables olive oil organic fermented dairy such as cheese kefir yogurt moderate protein intake. So heres the breakdown in case you want to give it a try. If you want to geek out on the science I recommend reading/watching the one and only @drjasonfung #intermittentfasting #keto #weightloss #weightlossjourney #insulin #fat #goodfats #healthyfats #ketogenic #ketogenicdiet #fatloss



Source by overnightoatsquinoa

ความคิดเห็น

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้

Today is my 11 month ketoversary. When I started this journey I never would'…

Weight Watchers Califlower Poppers Recipe – A healthy and delicious appetizer or…